Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Journey without Style

I wouldn't say I ever really had any "style".  Oh sure, I had my moments.  A good hair day here, a cute and daring outfit there.  But "style"...never really has been my thing.  I look at the ladies who always look put together, polished, sharp.  I really wonder how they do it!  And, the good ones make it look effortless as if they woke up with perfectly fitting dark-washed jeans and pumps on.  Not me.  Usually when you see me, I am wearing yoga pants and a zip up hoodie.  Some people say "casual" is just their style.  You know what?  Really, I just gave up.  I don't like getting "dressed".  I prefer my yoga pants and fleece PJs.  But, that is not how I WANT to look.  I WANT to be that put-together hottie mom!  I WANT my husband to be proud of my look and DESIRE me even more!  I WANT my kids to be proud when I come to volunteer at their school.  I always make sure the house looks great before friends come over, why wouldn't I do the same for ME? But, I am learning that WANTing style and HAVING style are two very, very different things.  I know I cannot go it alone.  I am enlisting the help of stylish friends, stylish family, and maybe most of all...my DVR'ed episodes of "What Not to Wear".  I feel as if I am starting at ground zero.  I have lost all of my baby fat and am in pretty good shape.  I can't really use my body as an excuse.  I know that this is a learning process.  I can go into a store and buy an "outfit".  But I am looking for more than that.  I want a LOOK.  I want to feel natural, confident, and (like those sharp ladies) effortless.  So my style education begins.  I certainly don't know what I am doing and plan on making many mistakes and faux-pas.  Feel free to laugh at me and share your adventures as well.  Hey...maybe I'll see you at the mall!

No comments:

Post a Comment