Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My First Official Style Assistant

Thank goodness my brother has impeccable taste in women!  My sister-in-law is the best!  She is gorgeous, has an awesome figure and is a style guru.  If she weren't so sweet I would probably hate her!  I have secretly always been a little jealous of her style.  She always looks great.  She always knows just what to wear and how to wear it.  I always have to call her to ask what to wear when we go out together.  Don't you have people like that?  When I thought of who could be my first style assistant I immediately thought of her.  Coincidentally, she became a rep for CAbi (Carol Anderson by Invitation) clothing line.  She now attends seminars and classes to officially be that style guru.  How perfect is that!  Now before you think this is one big ad for her website...it isn't.  But, I can't help that I will likely be buying several of my items for my new style from her.  She is someone who will be honest with me and make me feel really good about trying new things.  She helped me pick out a few CAbi tops and told me how to wear them.  


The first is a taupe sheer tunic (the Peasant Tunic).  I can wear a white or black cami underneath.  I can wear it with black leggings and boots (my new favorite look).  I even found a pair of cropped leggings and cute, black Gladiator Sandals  for the spring.  I can also wear it with jeans or shorts.  This is what I am looking for!  Versatile, stylish pieces! 


The second is a bright "Statement" piece.  It is a berry and orange print tunic (The Origami Tunic).  I got a scarf also to tie around the waist.  The tunic on it's own is a "trapeze" style and really does nothing for a larger chested gal like myself.  It basically would hang from where my chest goes out and look like the rest of my middle is this big.  The scarf defines my waist, which is actually pretty small!  Then the bottom glides over my hips and hides any bumps or rolls quite nicely.  Whew!  Once again, although this top is bright and funky, I can wear it with skinny jeans, cuffed white jeans or a straight skirt.  My sister in law also recommend a cute pair of brown platform sandals for this top as well. 


You will see that although I spent a bit on the tunics, the shoes are Target and quite a bargain.  My goal in my Journey is certainly not to bleed our bank account dry, but to mix quality with afford ability.  We will see how that goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment