Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Leggings and Jeggings and Skinnies...Oh My!

PLEASE!  If you do not already own some leggings or "Jeggings" (denim leggings)...GO GET YOU A PAIR!  This is by far my favorite trend in my adult life.  I will say that I was skeptical at first.  Mostly, I felt I was too old (at my ripe old age of 37).  This cannot be farther from the truth.  YOU are not TOO old!  My Stylish sister-in-law's 70 year old mom has some jeggings!  Let me explain what I know of the whole leg-hugging style.  First of all, leggings are just what you are thinking...tight cotton pants that you used to wear with over-sized sweatshirts in the 80s.  Jeggings are very similar but made with a denim/spandex mix.  My personal pair zip up and button just like a pair of jeans.  But, they are far more comfortable than any jean I have owned.  Skinny jeans are a bit different.  They are truly jeans, but super, super fitted.  I have all three and love them all!  For me, the best way to wear the legging/jegging/skinny jean style is with a long tunic top.  You can wear a tunic and then a cropped jacket or cardigan over the top. You can wear ballet flats, ankle booties, long boots or sandals in the summer.  So very versatile, as you can see!

I will put a small caveat with this...if you do have really big legs, this may not be the best style for you.  They are, after all, very fitted and will make big legs look bigger.  Lucky for me, all of my extra weight settles right around my middle.  Wow, I NEVER thought I would say that I was lucky to have my weight settle in my middle!  I guess anything is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment